I’d been nominated by Alextheshadowgirl (who is one of my blog sisters, so you should totally check out her blog!) for a couple of awards — the Liebster Award and the Siblinghood of the World Bloggers Award. Since she’d combined both the awards in a single post, that’s what I’m gonna do as well.
SIBLINGHOOD (SISTERHOOD) OF THE WORLD BLOGGERS AWARD
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their blog.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the 10 questions sent to you.
4. Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate 10 blogs.
I’m not gonna be nominating anyone because I’ve done this award before. (Actually it’s because I’m lazy, but it’s always nice to have an excuse.)
1) If your life was in danger, which book character would you want to be your Knight in Shining Armour?
Umm… Jace from TMI, please. ❤ *swoons*
2) Name a book villain you love to hate.
Bellatrix Lestrange. I HATE her. I LOATHE her. I will never forget that part in the Order of the Phoenix and what she did to Sirius… 😥
3) What’s the place you’ve dreamed of going since you were a kid?
Switzerland!!! ❤ The day when I actually visit that place is gonna be the happiest day of my life. 😀
4) Your favorite TV shows and why you love them.
I don’t really watch TV that much, so… *shrugs*
5) Your favorite band and song.
My FAVOURITE band would be Maroon 5, but I have to give a shout-out to Imagine Dragons and Pentatonix as well… they all rock! My favourite song from Maroon 5 would be Moves Like Jagger. I will never stop loving that song…
6) How old are you and what do you do for a living?
I’m 17 and a student at school. I mean, we just had our last day of school a couple of weeks back, but our exams are gonna last for a long while, so… still a school student for now. 😉
7) A writer you want to meet and what would you say if you met him/her.
Ohmygosh J.K. Rowling. Or Rick Riordan. Or Neil Gaiman. Or Cassandra Clare. Or Stephen King. Arrggh I don’t know.
8) Zombies or Unicorns?
UNICORNS!!! I LOVE UNICORNS!!!
9) Favorite contemporary author and book.
Right now, it’s probably Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.
10) One thing you want to say to me.
Hey there, sis! I just want you to know that you’re one AWESOME person and I’m SO glad that I met you. I hope we keep in touch forever (so that if you ever manage to bring Will Herondale to life, you don’t forget to call me up! 😉 ).
Okay now… moving on to the Liebster Award… drumroll please…
1. Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
5. Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Umm… she hasn’t left any, so I’m gonna answer the ones that she was asked.
01. If you could only take 3 books with you to Mars which ones would they be?
I hope there are libraries or bookstores in Mars, because there’s no way that I’ll last long with only 3 books with me. I’d take Robinson Crusoe in the hopes of picking up some survival skills, the Percy Jackson series because I only trust Uncle Rick to make me laugh when I’m having the dullest time possible (who can have fun without books??!), and something by Neil Gaiman because Neil Gaiman = perfect and I like perfect things like that.
02. Name a writer you’d invite to dinner?
Arrgh I don’t like these questions, I never know how to answer them!!! I’ll just invite everyone I mentioned in Ans7. above.
03. Pick a book everyone loved but you hated.
I remember reading a couple of books like that this year, but I can’t recall them now.
04. Pick a book you think should be banned.
None. Everyone has his/her own opinions. Just because I don’t like a book doesn’t mean someone else won’t like it either. By banning the book, that person loses the opportunity to even read it and that’s just unfair. Also, every book is the result of many people’s hard work and each of them deserve a chance to be out there and read.
05. Who is your most read writer?
Either Stephen King or Agatha Christie or Rick Riordan. I’m definitely too lazy to count and decide.
06. Name a series you couldn’t finish.
I started reading The Heir (book 4 of the The Selection series) but I quit after about 5 pages because I thought the main character was too snobby. Too quick a judgement, I know, but I really wasn’t in the mood then. Maybe I’ll pick up the book again later… DNF-ing is not really my thing.
07. Name a classic you think everyone should read.
Pride and Prejudice. And Oliver Twist. And also, if you can tolerate just a bit more of dark, The Picture of Dorian Grey. They’re all amazing books. (Well, pretty much all classics are amazing, but that’s not the point.)
08. Name a graphic novel you want to turn into a book.
Like Alex, I don’t read graphic novels…
09. Name a book you want to turn into a graphic novel.
Umm… since I don’t READ graphic novels… *shrugs*
10. Favourite time period to write about.
The post-apocalyptic world, I think.
11. A writer you want to write your biography.
Rick Riordan, without a doubt. Funny and sarcastic is definitely how I’d want my biography to be.
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
1. I was originally named Vramori but later my parents decided to change the spelling to Bhramori. I know in English the two pronunciations are quite different from each other, but in Bengali, my mother tongue, ‘V’ is pretty much equivalent to ‘Bh’.
(Wow, that must’ve been the most boring random fact you’ve ever heard…)
2. I am a vegetarian — been one for 8 years.
(And that was even more boring…)
3. I am totally jealous of people who know how to sneeze silently. Like, how do you guys do it?! Also, raising an eyebrow. I have RUINED MY FOREHEAD TRYING TO DO IT, I think — but I always, ALWAYS get both my eyebrows up together. Why can’t I raise A SINGLE EYEBROW??!
3. When I was young, I participated in a race — when it was time to run, I ran in the opposite direction! The referee had to chase me around the field a whole 3 times to catch me. And I actually thought I had won! 😛
4. My friends at school often call me ‘Bharmione’. It’s a nickname they’ve made by joining my name with Hermione. Apparently, I’m a lot like her…
5. I have a fascination with names that begin with ‘C’. Like, Cassandra and Cordelia and Cynthia… C names are all so beautiful! ❤
6. My favourite word keeps changing all the time, but right now it’s ‘nostalgia’.
7. I have a host of pigeons living in my balcony. All day long, they keep moaning (really, their sounds are just like moans! And they keep doing it all the time!) and leaving poop everywhere. I’m quite fond of them, but sometimes they really annoy me.
8. In spite of this, I plan to have a lot of pets when I start living on my own. I want to have a parrot and two rabbits and a dog and a cat. And an aquarium. I MUST HAVE AN AQUARIUM IN MY HOUSE.
(Can I also have a pet squirrel…?)
9. I want to learn all the languages in the world. But I know that’s not possible, so I have convinced myself to keep it restricted to only French, Spanish, Italian, Latin and Galician.
10. This one is gonna give you all a shock — I’VE NEVER HAD A SINGLE CRUSH IN MY 17 YEARS OF LIFE. Honestly. Even I don’t understand how it’s possible, but it is. I have celebrity crushes and book boyfriends, obviously, but I’ve never liked a person in that way in real life. Hard to believe, isn’t it? 😉
11. I have realised that I suck at giving out facts about myself so now I’m going to stop.
Okay guys, I already said I’m not gonna nominate anyone, but if you wanna do an award post then you can just pick either one (or both) and post on your blog. You can answer the questions that I answered. Link back here, though! (That way I’ll be able to tag you in this post.)
Bye for now! Have a great day! 😀
The Crazy Perfectionist ❤